Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Greed is Good.


Of course it is. I would only say this if I were actually employed in the “high yielding bank bonding stock marketing investment banking money laundering fraud” market that we hold so dear to our economic heart. Yes, greed is good. Greed is what’s held above our heads in hopes of attaining. Greed is what allows us to be persistent in the lower-middle class that we strive to bust out of. Greed is what I feel, keeps me on my toes for the next freelance, under the table, drug smuggling job that I can get my hands on. If it wasn’t for greed, most of us wouldn’t be where we are today. Why shouldn’t we strive to be wealthy individuals? If we didn’t strive for the best, we just wouldn’t be living in America. The “American Dream,” is what everyone in the world wants a taste of. It’s bittersweet flavor, ignorantly crusted with selfishness, seared to perfection atop a bed of money bags and au jus… I can’t forget the slab of A1 on this medium rare delicacy that we all know and love, but I think that would taint it’s open pastured, organic flavor. We’ve had many intelligent conversations on the subject of life, greed, money, sex, and rock’n’roll. For example, Gecko’s "Greed is Good" speech is so blatantly honest, that it’s a sincere explanation of what goes down on the street. (And by street, I mean Wall St.) Also, we can’t forget everyone’s favorite Cuban immigrant… Tony Montana who states, “I want what’s comin’ to me Chico… The world.” Now, show me where I can get my bonus so that I can be loyal to you until next year.

In response to the Smash-Me: Bernie Madoff toy (hammer included)… I would like to see something similar but with interchangeable parts, such as limbs, heads and artificial breasts. Let’s get some celebratory smashes on Britney spears, Lindsay Lohan, Perez Hilton and others in the reality television realm that VH1 and MTV have forced me to watch vicariously through my significant other. Damn their subliminal messages in vanity, greed and 15 minutes of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment